Sam's Journey is a brand-new original scrolling platform game developed by the Knights of Bytes for the Commodore 64 home computer and published by Protovision. It's about a cute little hero called Sam who finds himself on an unexpected journey in a strange world and can be ordered digitally or in an 80s' style cardboard box.
Protovision is proud to present Sam's journey from Knights of Bytes, probably the most ambitioned platform game for the Commodore 64 of all times!
Sam comes in a fully printed cardboard box, and in the box you'll find:
* The game on cartirdge
* A carefully crafted manual
* A world map of the game (all 3 overworld maps were combined)
* A treasure chest with diamonds
* 7 Sam cards showing the 7 costumes that Sam can collect throughout the game
* a tamper proof holographic sticker is placed into the inside of the box
Although Sam is quite small, he can run very fast and jump even higher. That's why the camera has to hurry up and keep track, no matter where he's going!
Sam has a variety of basic moves. While running and jumping are obvious skills, his ability to climb makes him able to reach new heights. And with his free diving skill, he can explore the underwater passages of the deep sea.
The world of Sam's Journey is not only a visual one. Every scenery that Sam traverses on his journey comes with its own unique song that emphasizes the location's atmosphere.
* Classic 8-Bit Platform Action
* Very colorful Graphics
* Fast Free-Directional Scrolling
* Many Basic Moves Plus Climbing And Swimming
* 6 Special Costumes With Additional Skills
* 3 Overworld Maps
* 27 Huge Levels With Multiple Sections
* 2000 Screens To Be Explored
* 14 Different Graphical Settings
* 19 Beautiful Tunes
* Sound Effects
* Hidden Items To Be Found
* Secret Passages To Be Discovered
* Checkpoint System
* Savegame Option