DragonDrive Flash Cart + Flashkit
 Questions on Products   Started by freezedream   2019-04-17 16:02:30 +02:00   Comments: 4    Viewed: 608

1. freezedream
    freezedream Member Adelaide

I purchased a DragonDrive flash cart a while ago and I saw that it could be flashed using a krikzz Flashkit MD programmer. As I already owned the Flaskkit, I didn't read the note on your site that you can't use the krikzz software to flash your DragonDrive cartridges.

I see your software is only currently available for Linux. I have never used Linux, so is there any possibility you can port the code to Windows? Unfortunately I'm not enough of a programmer to do this myself, but I'm sure there would be other people interested in being able to flash your DragonDrive carts from Windows.

Thanks and I hope you can help me.

freezedream, 2019-04-17 16:02:30 +02:00
  2. EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Administrator Staff Member Ingolstadt
    Well, while I can't port it to Windows, I could create an image of a bootable Linux with the software preinstalled, so you can put it on an SD Card / USB Stick and boot it with a PC. Would that help?
    EvilDragon, 2019-04-21 18:50:45 +02:00
  3. freezedream
    freezedream Member Adelaide

Thanks for the reply. With the help of a friend I compiled the code using Cygwin. I can use the software through Cygwin without any problem, so I'm all set now!

One question, though - it seemed to be fairly slow to flash the file - perhaps a couple of minutes for 1.7 Mb - is that normal?

Thanks!

freezedream, 2019-04-22 04:16:01 +02:00
  4. EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Administrator Staff Member Ingolstadt
    That is great news, thanks for the info!
    Would it be possible that you can provide me with the file?
    I'd officially offer a Windows version then as well :)

About the slowness:
    I just tested this (on Linux):
    It's 48 seconds for me for a 2MB file and 1:37min for a 4MB file.

Did you mean MB or Mb? Because 1.7MB would be 0.21MB, and that is being flashed in 10 seconds here.
    EvilDragon, 2019-04-26 18:58:41 +02:00
  5. (You must log in or sign up to post here)

Write your reason

Terms & Conditions!
Help!

Newsletter

seal_ctv_100.png