This is an improved version of the original Hydra 1.
Fully automatic SCART switch with full galvanic inputs separation.
* 16 scart inputs ( RGB, s-video, composite)
* 1 scart ouput
* "Knight rider" style active scart detection
* full ROHS
* expandable with 2 additional HYDRA HEADS devices to offer outstanding 24inputs scart functionality
* AVR controller with firmware future updates
* HQ plexi transparent
* Powered with a standard MICRO USB power supply (not included, please use one with at least 1A)
Improvements compared to the original Hydra:
* Improved signal detection histerisis / all cables shall work now/
* audio buffer for scart audio output to reduce "hearable audio pops"
* SYNC ON GREEN mode for scart input 2 (SW7 - SOG SWITCH)
* RGB ONLY / AUTO mode for scart input 8 (SW8 )
How doees it work ?
The Hydra offers 16 fully RGB-compatible SCART-Inputs where you can connect various computers / consoles.
They are separated from each other, so a bad or unclean signal will not affect the other inputs.
It automatically scans all ports and will stop if a valid source is being found.
That means if you switch on your TV and console, it will automatically switch to that. If you have multiple sources running at once, you can use the buttons to switch between them.
You can use almost every remote control with the Hydra.
To switch the Hydra into the learning mode, press and hold the middle button while connecting the power supply.
It will use the LEDs to show you which input button it is expecting.
Simply press the corresponding button on the remote control until it asks for the hext button.
* left - scan for active source to the left from active one (if active is far left, no action) / next scart in manual mode
* right - scan for active source to the right from active one (if active is far right, no action) / previous scart in manual mode
* middle - HD/LOW PASS filter (led on/off) - default ON
* left+right pressed - disables "knight rider led effect"
* middle + right - Automatic/manual mode
NEVER connect / disconnect SCART PLUGS when HYDRA is ON especially when CONSOLE/SYSTEM is ON !