What's going to protect your beloved Raspberry Pi from an onslaught of rainbow-coloured fusion? That's right, it's Unicorn HAT.
4 Item Items
Warning: Last items in stock!
Expecting new stock:
Sporting a matrix of 64 (8 x 8) RGB LEDs and powered directly from the Pi, this is the most compact pocket aurora available.
Unicorn HAT provides a wash of controllable colour that is ideal for mood-lighting, 8x8 pixel art, persistence of vision effects, status indications, or just blasting colour into your surroundings.
The MagPi said that Unicorn HAT was "one of the coolest HATs around"
* 64 RGB LEDs (WS2812B)
* LED data driven via DMA over PWM
* Compatible with Raspberry Pi 3, 2, B+, A+, and Zero
* Python library
* Comes fully assembled
There's a Unicorn HAT Python library to make it a breeze to use, including lots of beautiful examples of what it can do.
* Warning: WS2812 LEDs are bright enough to cause eye pain, do not look at them directly when brightly lit. We recommend the use of a diffuser.
* Photo-sensitivity warning: flashing, strobing, and patterns of lights may cause epileptic seizures. Always take care and immediately stop using if you feel unwell (dizziness, nausea, affected vision, eye twitching, disorientation).
* Power: Unicorn HAT requires a >2A microUSB power supply for your Pi. We recommend the official Raspberry Pi power supply.
* Compatibility (audio): as Unicorn HAT uses PWM and GPIO18, it will interfere with analogue audio playback (random colour patterns and flickering). HDMI should work just fine! :D
Loading... Please wait.
Your picture has been added and will be available once approved by a moderator