Micromachines/ J-cart question.
 Questions on Products   Angefangen von Micro-drive   2017-10-12 17:09:13 +02:00   Antworten: 7    Angesehen: 4701

1. Micro-drive
    Micro-drive Member
    Just received the Retrode 2 and it works great (thanks)! I am wondering if J-carts will work via the Retrode?

So far I have been unable to get Micromachines 2 turbo tournement and Micromachines 96 to work,
    a .bin file appears for MM2 as MicroMachinesIi.EF29.bin and MM96 as NoName.165E.bin (which from what i've read seems to be normal with this game) but they just appear as a black screen in the emulators (I've tried Kega and Gens)
    I feel like I need to be adjusting a setting or something in the config file but have been unable to find any information on this so far.

My hope is to be able to transfer micromachines 96 with the custom tracks on it from about 15 years ago onto my pc (if possible). I have tried both j-carts on my ancient Sega Mega drive (Genesis) and they work (including the old custom tracks).

Also all other non j-cart games I have work fine on the retrode. Except Virtua racing which I know isn't supported.

Thanks for reading this and any help would be much appreciated!
    Micro-drive, 2017-10-12 17:09:13 +02:00
  2. EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Administrator Teammitglied Ingolstadt
    There's no reason Japanese games wouldn't work, so that should be possible.

You could head over to the retrode forums (http://forum.retrode.com)

There are a LOT of competent people who can help here :)
    EvilDragon, 2017-10-16 02:55:26 +02:00
  3. Micro-drive
    Micro-drive Member
    Apologies I was away. Great thanks for the link i'll check it out! (:
    Micro-drive, 2017-10-22 20:05:57 +02:00
  4. sakman
    sakman Member

J-Carts are not Japanese carts.  They're Mega Drive carts made by Codemasters.  The carts are unique because they have controller ports on the front of the cart.

I recently picked up Micro Machines TT 96.  The Retrode firmware overdumps the cart because it has a bad header.

You need to modify the Config file to get the Retrode to output the proper ROM.  Set [forceSystem] to "mdrv" and [forceSize] to "8".

Good Luck!

sakman, 2017-12-02 02:01:23 +01:00
  5. Micro-drive
    Micro-drive Member
    Thanks so much, it worked! Sorry for the belated thankyou it’s been a hectic kind of year. 
    I haven’t yet been able to access the sram file (assuming there is one) to get the save data from Micro Machines 96 TT, did that work for you when you tried it?
    I have been experimenting with the settings but to no avail yet.

Micro-drive, 2019-04-17 22:54:52 +02:00
  6. sakman
    sakman Member
    The Retrode firmware doesn't have support for Sega Serial EEPROM saves. Maybe it will be added someday.
    sakman, 2019-04-19 07:54:00 +02:00
  7. Micro-drive
    Micro-drive Member
    Awh that's a shame, yeah hopefully one day. Thanks very much for your response Sakman.

Micro-drive, 2019-04-20 11:20:42 +02:00
  8. (Du musst angemeldet sein, um hier zu schreiben.)

Nachricht melden

Der Grund

Einloggen | anmelden
Benutzungshinweise
Hilfe!

Newsletter

seal_ctv_100.png